Veggie Kimchi Quesadillas
These moreish snacks never fail to hit the spot. Whoever the guest, always a winner.
Hard cheese like English Cheddar, grated
Food85 Napa Cabbage Kimchi, to taste
High burning-temperature oil like rapeseed or groundnut, cold pressed is best
1. Lay out the tortilla, generously sprinkle with cheese
2. Top cheese with kimchi, as much as you like, even out nicely. Cover with another tortilla, like a sandwich.
3. Heat oil on high heat - plenty of oil, enough to generously cover bottom of pan
4. When oil hot, lightly place quesadilla on pan. Fry for 2 mins
Not before oil hot cause that'll make it greasy and you want CRIPSY
Don't throw it on there, you'll just end up with oil splashing everywhere. My friend did this the other day and had to sit through dinner holding frozen peas.
5. Flip over and fry for further 2 mins.
6. Cut up into bite size pieces and serve immediately.
Delight in the melted cheese oozing out and it's perfect balance with the tanginess of kimchi.